Saturday, March 3, 2012

To the future!

......May 17th, 2012 to be exact. That is when I will be graduating from nursing school after more blood, sweat, and tears than I care to discuss. Fortunately, the blood was rarely mine, unless you count those fun IV sticks and flu shots.   Now we have moved on to code blues (not real ones, thank goodness) and prepping, planning, reviewing, studying, and then the actual prep for the NCLEX to RN examination that comes post graduation. The next couple of months will be jam packed with fun, excitement,and at least 3,000 review questions. In that time I will also be working towards my bachelor's degree in what is proving to be an interesting class.  That is what brings me to this blog!  I am studying technology and how it affects students as well as new nurses.  Things have changed a lot since I was a college student a while back (okay, a long while back--something around 13 years!).  We still had to WALK to our instructor's office to look for our test scores posted on their door!  Can the younger generation even imagine that?  Needless to say I am now rather glad I stuck with this class. I will have to learn how to use Youtube, which I would have never done.  I better hang on though because this might get a little bumpy!

No comments:

Post a Comment